Since its inception, we have imagined The Bull Calf as an eclectic journal that offers more than just the standard review, and so, as The Bull Calf concludes its fifth volume of reviews, we want to encourage our audience and contributors to consider some of the following submissions:
· “Retrospective Reviews”: do a review of any book published before 2000
· “Group Reviews” (of new or older books): gather two or three people together and do a review together that takes the form of a discussion
· “Chapbook Reviews”: review chapbooks published by any of the excellent chapbook presses in Canada
· “Review Articles”: do an extended review (of one book or multiple books) that taps into a broader topic of interest to you
· “Author Interviews”: talk to authors, and let us share those conversations with our readers
The Bull Calf is open to diverse conversations about Canadian literature through literary reviews and interviews. If any of these unconventional or conventional approaches to reviewing interest you, then please get in touch.
In the meantime, enjoy our new issue.
Welcome to The Bull Calf 5.2.